04 February 2017

Balea Micellar Water

Every year, there's a new beauty trend... There was a time when 'macadamia oil' was on every single beauty product in the shops. Now everything has 'argan oil' written on it. I can think of more examples, likes BB & CC creams that got super popular all of a sudden. Micellar water also got very popular 'overnight' and almost everyone switched to it from harsh alcohol based cleansers or cleansing cream/milk.

I also got on the micellar water bandwagon and tried one from Gerovital which I liked a lot. After I finished it, completely impressed with its efficient cleansing proprieties, I bought the Balea one, thinking it's gonna be just as good...

Mizellenwasser Mischhaut und sensible Haut
For all skin types. Gently removes makeup and excess sebum. Cleans, nourishes and protects the skin from drying. No rinsing necessary. With panthenol, glycerin and hamamelis water. Perfume free.

BRAND: Balea

LOCATION: dm / drogerie markt

PRICE: 16 RON / 2.95 EUR

QUANTITY: 400ml


What to use it for: removing makeup (face, eyes, lips)
What NOT to use it for: cleansing the face (dirt remains)

PROS

  • easily cleans makeup
  • no fragrance = no allergic reactions
  • does not sting the eyes
  • feels refreshing
  • super cheap for this quantity

CONS

  • skin feels a bit dry after using it
  • even though there's no perfume, it still smells like some chemicals... (I didn't like the smell, might be just me)
  • does not deep clean the skin
  • I just don't like the foam it makes sometimes

Would I buy this product again? Nope. I am using it alongside an alcohol based cleanser because this water simply does not clean properly. As soon as I finish it, I will buy the Gerovital Micellar Water which gently cleaned my skin of all the dirt and sebum, while also hydrating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment